Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

ForumPakistan.com

Bookmark site!

Shahid Afridi interview part 1

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Cricket Cricket and Cricket
AqsaAfridi
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Q: {couldn't read it properly} Why are you in a hurry when you bat? {maybe mention of people praying but get disappointed}
A: (smiling)My play is based on prayers. These days aloms every team has a player like Jayasuriya, Sehwag etc who give team a good start, the release the pressure, messes up bolwers' line and when it is his day to fire he will win you a match.

Q: So it is setteled that your strategy will remain the same?
A: If I wanted to change the style I would have been changed it 7-8 years ago but I don't want to change my game. First coaches used to tell me don't play like this but play that way. But now our current cocah Bob Woolmer has left me with my style but try to get settled a bit and don't try to hit a six on every ball.

Q: have you ever thought about your plans after you leave cricket?
A: Brother Moin has has said a wise thing once that when you plan for the future God laughs at you because I have to run the world and he is the one making plans. I just live by the day.

Q: Your birthdate and star
A: March 1 1980 and Pisces but I don't beleive in such things

Q: How old were you when you first held a bat?
A: I probably was around 7-8 years old

Q: In thoes days which cricketer inspired you?
A: I used to watch Imran Khan on TV. The way the world was mad about him I used to tthink this guy has so much respect that I used to feel a little jealous and wanted to earn the same respect. After that I started playing cricket day and night.

Q: What was your family's reaction?
A: My father was against cricket. In our family you are either business or army. No one could think about cricket. In my family first my uncle {can't read the name} started playing cricket then my older brother Tariq and then I started it. I have sacraficed a lot for cricket. I mean I have take a lot of beatings.

Q: Did you get the beatings with the cricket bat?
A: no my father had a special stick and used it for children's mischefs. I was targeted because I used to play cricket day and night and ignore studies and my father would get angry. But God has rewarded me for my sacrafices and now my father loves cricket just as much as he used to hate it.

Was anyone supportive of your cricket at home?
A: My older brother was very supportive. Appart from him in our neighborhood Haroon Raheed, Mahmood Rasheed etc lived who supported me. They played a big part in me becoming a cricketer.

Q: At which school did you study?
A: First I was studying at Federal Secondary when I was a good/better student but after I got involved with cricket my studies got affected so I went to Covernment school. I studied with Ibrahim Ali for 2-3 years.

Q: What are your childhood memories?
A: Early childhood was spent at (village in) Kohat then we moved to Karachi and here I started going to school

Q: were you mischevious?
A: yes ver

Q: Did your family get complaints about your fighting?
A: Yes but mostly about breaking glass/window of car or house with the ball

Q: Did you play any sports other than cricket?
A: I liked swimming very much, table tennis, badminton all sports I enjoyed very much

Q: What subject did you like at school where you could pass easily?
A: I liked Riazi {math I guess} and Islamic studies very much

Q: How did your teachers treat you in regards to your sport?
A: They looked after me, if I missed homework they would let it go. I was in 5th grade when I played in the Inter school tournament in Karachi. I was the youngest there.

Q: after getting famous have you visited your school?
A: Yes! I went to the both schools couple of times and met my teachers. Everyone was happy

Q: Where did you do your Inter {2 year college after highscool in Pakistan}
A: I did my inter from Islamia Science college and then I even got admission in NED (Engineering University) but I was too much involved with cricket so could continue my studies.

Q: When did your father accepted you as a cricketer
A: My name came in Pakistan Under 19 team and I was selected for West Indies. Before this had some good performances too, I was geting mentioned in news papers and my dad also accepted that I can become a good cricketer.

Q: For many commercials you have done modelling too, How do you like facing the camera?
A: It is difficult work. But I think that if such opputunity somes in a player's career then he should try and cash it in. This is the time otherwise who will care later.

Q: Of all the commercials you have done, which one do you think presented you the best?
A: All the commercials I have done people say they are good. Usually I don;t see them but sometimes I might get a glance of it.

Q: Have you received any offers for acting?
A: I got offers in India in 1998-99. Some director had Wasim Bhai ask me and I told him why do you want me kicked out of the house.

Q: Did you get offers from Pakistan too?
A: Yes one or two directors asked me but I respectfully declined .

Q: Do you watch TV and what type of shows?
A: Sometimes I watch Cartoon network or Discovery Channel with the kids.

Q: Do you watch cricket
A: I watch it if I get time

Q: Which sports channel do you like?
A: Star and 10 sports are good channels

Q: Do you watch tapes of your games?
A: I only watch my good matches and not the bad ones. I get confidence after seeing my good performances

Q: Do you want to take your family on a (cricket) tour?
A: I think that taking your family on a cricket tour is not good because after when you come after playing you are tired and you cannot take the family out and enjoy much and if kids are with you then you cannot sleep well either. But if there are charity games then I take them because I get a chance.time to go out with them.

Q: When did you get married?
A: 2002

Q: Is your wife related?
A: Yes Nadia is my cousion (from Mom's side)

Q: Did you get married because of your parents or did you want to also? {not sure if he was adking if it was an arranged marriage}?
A: It was both. I wanted to get some discipline in my life so I got married early. After marriage you get responsible

Q: Is your wife interested in your sport/game?
A: a little bit, sometimes she watches it with her eyes closed

Q: Do you bring gifts for the family when you come back from a foreign country?
A: Yes! I get something for everyone. Even these people tell me not to but I like it.

Q: Does your wife ask you for something to bring back?
A: No, I just bring it myself and she like them.

Q: Tell us how does your wife react about your scandals?
A: My scandals were all before marriage. After marriage life is different

Q: Did your wife talk to you about them?
A: Yes she asks and I tell her everything and she knows about all the realities of the scandals and it doesn't affect us anymore

Q: Do you praise your wife?
A: Not too much. a little bit is enough

Q: Does she praise your?
A: she also uses my formula

Q: Does your wife shop for you ir do you do it yourself?
A: Mostly I do it myself

Q: Which food do you like?
A: I can eat everything but Chicken Biryani is my favorite. other than that I like chinese food

Q: Do you ask your five to cook something?
A: She can make anything, I like everything she makes

Q: If the food is not good do you complain?
A: no I just thank God and eat everything

Q: Can you cook?
A: When I play county it can get hard to eat out every day so sometimes I make chicken Karhai or okra/lady fingers etc

Q: What foreign country do you like
A: For visiting West Indies is the best and then Dubai. For playing cricket I like Australia and India. The atmosphere is good there

Q: When you are at home what do you do (stay busy)?
A: Because of the game I get little time to spend with the family, But when I am free then I usually stay at home and spend time with the wife and kids. sometimes we go out.

Q: where do you like to go When you go out ?
A: We go towards the super highway. there are good restaurants, open air and a chance for a long drive

Q:When you go out with you family does it get bothersome because of people?
A: I very seldom go to public places with the family

Q:For how long can you stay away from your family?
A: I feel that I cannot at all

Q: Who are you closest to among your siblings?
A: everypne

Q: Do you have the respect/fear (Raub) over youngsters?
A: Yes, if someone doesn't behave right then I just need to show my eyes because they know how angry I can get

Q: Do you get angry often?
A: Yes and this is my worst habbit

Who has the magic to let U fall in love.
Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Diya
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Nice interview, but as per my knowledge, his english is very poor, but I think, now he improved it. Very nice work done by Aqsa.
Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
EnCounter
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

What about english of our new captain Question
I hope better than mine.

Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AqsaAfridi
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Why are you guyz sooo interested in english?????.. I think we have to be proud to be an PAKISTANI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
EnCounter
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

We are proud to be Pakistani! No question about that.
We just discussed a matter that is very popular in our comunity.
Cool

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AqsaAfridi
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

EnCounter wrote:
We are proud to be Pakistani! No question about that.
We just discussed a matter that is very popular in our comunity.
Cool

Hm.. So you guyz thinks that it's right or wrong?
Pakistani log pakistan mein hi pakistanio se english bol rahe hote hea.. why??? Mad -- English bholna tab acha lagta hai jub aik insan ko aap ki language na ati hoon.. So why???

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:24 am View user's profile Send private message
razia
Pak Newbie

I think cricket is a game, which is seen all over the world. So if our plays are playing in a English country, we should be able to communicate in English. Otherwise its very difficult for our players to tell their voice all over the world. They should be able to give their interviews in English as well to be recognized all over the world.

Its not necessary for us to have good english, because we are not representing our country to such level. But if a person has to represent Pakistan on such level then we should provide him proper instructor to improve such things to make Pakistan name better, because if they can communicate, they can tell people their voice.

If they are playing in Pakistan, then I think they should speak in local language. As Aqsa said, Pakistani log pakistan mein hi pakistanio se english bol rahe hote hea, Why? ... Thats really wrong. But may be whole world is seeing that match, and they want whole world to understand the communication.
Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:29 am View user's profile Send private message
AqsaAfridi
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

razia wrote:
I think cricket is a game, which is seen all over the world. So if our plays are playing in a English country, we should be able to communicate in English. Otherwise its very difficult for our players to tell their voice all over the world. They should be able to give their interviews in English as well to be recognized all over the world.

Its not necessary for us to have good english, because we are not representing our country to such level. But if a person has to represent Pakistan on such level then we should provide him proper instructor to improve such things to make Pakistan name better, because if they can communicate, they can tell people their voice.

If they are playing in Pakistan, then I think they should speak in local language. As Aqsa said, Pakistani log pakistan mein hi pakistanio se english bol rahe hote hea, Why? ... Thats really wrong. But may be whole world is seeing that match, and they want whole world to understand the communication.

I agree with you ms.Razia, but I'am talking about in PAKISTAN..

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Cricket Cricket and Cricket All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2

Copyright © ForumPakistan.com.pk 2017 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer