Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

ForumPakistan.com

Bookmark site!

Pakistani Cricket Team Coach Miandad

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Cricket Cricket and Cricket
razia
Pak Newbie

Former Pakistan captain and coach Javed Miandad said on Saturday that he will keep national interest prime if asked to again take up the responsibility as coach of the Pakistan team.

“I have always kept national interest above all and will continue to do so in the future,” he told APP in response to a query whether he would like to accept the coaching assignment of the national team for a fourth time if asked by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).

“It is a hypothetical question but I can only think about it if the offer comes to me,” Miandad, Pakistan’s highest run-getter with 8832 in 124 Test matches, said.

“I have to think about various options if any offer comes through,” replied the former skipper — who has not applied for the coaching job, advertised by the PCB few weeks ago.

The country’s premier batsman Miandad, who will turn 50 on June 12 this year, said he had served the country with honour and dignity and it was always his wish that Pakistan team perform well in the international arena.

PCB chief Dr Nasim Ashraf in a recent statement had said they (PCB) were looking for a foreign coach and he would be appointed within next few months.

However, some cricketing circles and Javed Miandad supporters in Pakistan believe that a home coach could be more useful considering our environment and Miandad was a good choice for the assignment.

Miandad dispelled the impression created by certain circles that by winning three-match series in Abu Dhabi against Sri Lanka 2-1, the Pakistan team was back on track after the World Cup debacle.

“It was like festival cricket in Abu Dhabi. It is good that Pakistan’s full strength team beat an under strength Lankan team but it is not worth celebration,” he remarked.

“Winning the World Cup, Asia Cup or a major away series is worth celebrating and not series like in Abu Dhabi,” he observed.

“The Pakistan team has got the same old lot except for Fawad Alam and Najaf Shah,” he said. “We must look for consistency because it is the national duty of the players to perform well,” he maintained.

He said look at the Australians, they won the World Cup for a third time since 1999 and their celebrations were over after having a breakfast with Prime Minister John Howard.

“We need a good strategy and planning on a long-term basis. Boys should learn from their mistakes and improve upon it,” Javed Miandad said.

“THe Pakistan team can only enhance their performance and status by looking at a team such as Australia,” he said.

“We need a good team and should have a proper back-up line to fill the void in emergencies,” he pointed out.

Should Miandad be the coach of Pakistani Cricket Team?
Mon May 28, 2007 1:56 am View user's profile Send private message
EnCounter
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Yes, I agrre.
But unfortunatly PCB still will have a forigan coach from UK or Australia.
Remember that when we won the 1992 World Cricket Cup then it was a
Pakistani coach "Intikhab Aalam"

PCB officers are crupted. Naseem Ashraf should go. He damaged whole Pakistan
cricket team.

Mon May 28, 2007 7:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nomi
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

YES U R RIGHT ENCOUNTER Javed Miandad IS THE BEST COACH BUT PBC I NOT AGREE WITH HIM BCOZ THEY WANT

FORIGNE COACH

AND I AGREE WITH U THAT WHEN WE WON THE 1992 WORLD CUP THE IT WAS A PAKISTANI COACH

Tue May 29, 2007 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Diya
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Yes, offcourse, Javed Maindad is best one to choose as coach instead of choosing foreign coach.
Thu May 31, 2007 12:03 am View user's profile Send private message