Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

Ishq & Methodology !!!

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » General Discussions
Ishq & Methodology !!!
blakesback
Full PK Member
Full PK Member

Ishq & Methodology !!!
This is a universal topic ...... I am sure everyone is able to relish the beauty, the depth, some of its history and its effects .... different on different people. Ishq is something really really beyond the thing which is called 'love' ......

It is said that there used to be a plant named "Ishq" ... I am sure its name was identical to this yet different ...... but it is translated into ishq ..... it grew in Greek ... it was found by the people after Noah AS's arch landed in Turkey and named just that. It was a lethal plant ....... and it is believed that if the bough of this plant was wrapped around something ..... it would go dry and die down. From there ..... Arabs took this name and used it for people who got fevered in the 'ishq' of worldy love .... be it a woman, authority or money. It was not until the era of melodious poets in Hindustan ...... muslim poets that this word got its reputation that it holds today ..... it was standardised as divine love ...... something beyond simple love. They used it so fervently in their ghazals and made it look like so euphemistic that all the negativity that Arabs enticed with it was lost ..... and it started to look attractive.

When we see at the fable of Qais o Laila, Heer Ranjha, Sassi Punnu and Sohni Mahinwal ..... we can understand why this lethal plant was called "ishq" ..... because the emotion of Ishq would thin somebody down to almost non-existence, but surprisingly this state of emotions was sought after for a divine diety ..... for a more-than-divine purpose by thinking poets like Mir, Ghalib and Dagh after that. It was not until British usurped power in sub-continent and tides of events go so violent that all this song of gul-o-bulbul was lost on the pile of dead bodies. It got even more severed when a tidal wave of transformations took place ..... end of Mughal empire, British rule getting stricter and shittier and bloodier, fight for freedom, Empire turning into a political battlefield, voicing of illiterate minorities and a genocidal massacre of a group of people who had ruled India for more than 1000 years. Well, I don't wanna get into political or historical events .... but these events separately took with them a lot of people with taste(zauq) and what was left was driven into cinema houses .... a new found land of myth and mystery ...... where it all commercialized. Those poets who were the elite of the society and the running spirit of literary circles were hired for a fee to write for films ...... some people might object that even for a fee they produced gems .... but I would like to remind them that those gems were nothing compared to what they were able to produce for the sake of taste rather than fee. Qateel Shifai, Sahir Ludhianvi, Khumar BaraBankvi, Momin Khan Momin, Hasrat Jaipuri, Majaz Lakhnavi ..... which reminds me of his poem "NauJawan" ..... which was later sung for a film by Talat Mahmood, a then pioneer of ghazal singing ..... anyway.

Rest of the history I am sure very many people are aware of ....... of the demise of true taste, the commercial use of the word Ishq .......

Lets get back to when this word had different meaning ..... different commitment .... different set of rules ... Urdu poets ..... they used this word from arabic to describe their condition in the phase of separation from their beau .... which was unarguably God Himself. It was understood that any poet whose poetry can't be taken duly is not a poet at all. But the fervence was quite different and no matter how much they hid it behind the twisting of words .... it would give itself away here or there .... somewhere in their piece of poetry....... were these simple poets ... no they defined things so so much better that would have been very difficult to discern otherwise .... thats why Ghalib say:

Yeh masa'il e tasawwuf, yeh tera beyaan Ghalib
Tujhe hum wali samajhte, jo na bada-khwar hota

This is the last pair from Ghalib's ghazal "Yeh na thee hamari qismat ke wisaal e yar hota" ....

And every single one of them had their own separate methodology of getting deeper into the subject of Ishq ..... where some poets were talking about 'dying in the diversity of their beau' .... Akbar Ilahabadi wrote:

Ayee hogee kisi ko hijr maen maut
mujhko to neend bhee nahin aati

this is the thing about methodology ... which is called "Sulook" in sufiyana circles .....

share your thoughts .......
Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:39 am View user's profile Send private message
I K QAZI

I M one from those who believes first in the "ISHQ E HAQEEQI"(Khaliq se Ishq) secondly When in the "ISHQ E MIJAZI"(Makhlooq se Ishq) one should be confident & courrageous enough to fight till the mission is accomplished.In the other words one should have determination,dedication & devotion to give it a logical end "Marriage".Just in Faraq of some1 Aahe bharna etc is disgusting,pessimism & waste of time.Often we confuse the affection with Love & Pyar with Ishq whereas I think that Ishq is the height of pyar O Muhabbat(Ishq pyar O Muhabbat ka Mehraaj hotha he).Ahsan Danish said:"UMAR ISS TARAH MERI ISHQ ME GUZRI DANISH - JAISE PARDES ME TEHWAAR GUZAR JHATA HE" but I like this Verse of Ghalib:"RAGHOH ME DHORRTHE PHIRNE K HUM NAHIH QAHIL - JO AANKH HI SE NA TAPKE THO WO LAHOO KYA HE".Also that we should compromise on our KHUDI (Khud Dari) Like:"TUME CHAHA TERI DEHLEEZ KO SAJDA NA KIYA - WO MERA ISHQ THA YE MERI KHUD DARI HE". & that:KISSI BE WAFA KI KHATIR YE JUNOON FARAZ KAB THAK - JO TUMHE BHULA CHUKA HO USSE TUM BI BHOOL JAHO".

Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
blakesback
Full PK Member
Full PK Member

First of all ....... I should clear upon one thing .......

Hadith e Qudsi :

Allah's Apostle said "Al-majaz-u quntura-tul haqeeqat" .......

which means Majaz .... the obvious is a stone of Haqeeqat ...... Truth's mountain. By God, this hadith has a whole office in it ..... it conveys the message that nobody should defy majaz ...... because if you defy The Obvious .... the physical worhsip is displaced .... AND it also distinguishes that Haqeeqat (The truth) is heavier to Majaz(The Obvious) .... like a mountain is heavier to a stone. Yet it is said so beautifully that it does make the impression of The Truth being heavier but not slighting The Obvious ... because mountain is consisted of stones and if there are no stones .... there are no mountains.

If there was time and space enough .... and knowledge enough ...... I believe Allah's whole deen and Ishq's whole philosophy is in this single Hadith. But it is yet simplified and abbreviated in Quran ..... in Surah Kauthar's middle ayah .....

well, the perplexing thing is .... we have heard of Qais o laila .... they were humans ..... they were in eternal bondage to each other ...... we have more than enough legends about them ...... their whole life-saga ..... but nobody has been able to distinguish their relation's true nature ...... how were they able to rise above their bodily limitations .... ? how were they able to acquire purity in this impure attire of flesh and blood ? In Hadith's words ..... how were they able to accomplish the density of the whole mountain in just one stone ? how were they able to link majaz and haqeeqat .... ? how could they transfrom from seen blunders to unseen, mystic, every-solidifying bond of union ..... not re-union ..... but union ..... how were they able to become one with one another ? Like Hadrat Sa'adi said:
"So nobody would be able to say"
"That you and me are two"

Surely there must be a logical path to acquire oneness with whom you wish to unite .....

O Allah, increase me in my knowledge.
Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:04 am View user's profile Send private message
I K QAZI

Very good contribution."RABE ZIDNI ILLMA".

Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
blakesback
Full PK Member
Full PK Member

I K QAZI wrote:
Very good contribution."RABE ZIDNI ILLMA".

Exactly ..... RAB e ZIDNI ILMA!
Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:06 am View user's profile Send private message
sahi1
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

[quote="blakesback"][quote="I K QAZI"]Very good contribution[b][color=green]."RABE ZIDNI ILLMA".[/color][/b][/quote]

Exactly ..... RAB e ZIDNI ILMA![/quote[quote]][/quote][quote][/quote]

really u r right RABB E ZIDNI ILMA
Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:22 am View user's profile Send private message
loje
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

I K QAZI wrote:
I M one from those who believes first in the "ISHQ E HAQEEQI"(Khaliq se Ishq) secondly When in the "ISHQ E MIJAZI"(Makhlooq se Ishq) one should be confident & courrageous enough to fight till the mission is accomplished.In the other words one should have determination,dedication & devotion to give it a logical end "Marriage".Just in Faraq of some1 Aahe bharna etc is disgusting,pessimism & waste of time.Often we confuse the affection with Love & Pyar with Ishq whereas I think that Ishq is the height of pyar O Muhabbat(Ishq pyar O Muhabbat ka Mehraaj hotha he).Ahsan Danish said:"UMAR ISS TARAH MERI ISHQ ME GUZRI DANISH - JAISE PARDES ME TEHWAAR GUZAR JHATA HE" but I like this Verse of Ghalib:"RAGHOH ME DHORRTHE PHIRNE K HUM NAHIH QAHIL - JO AANKH HI SE NA TAPKE THO WO LAHOO KYA HE".Also that we should compromise on our KHUDI (Khud Dari) Like:"TUME CHAHA TERI DEHLEEZ KO SAJDA NA KIYA - WO MERA ISHQ THA YE MERI KHUD DARI HE". & that:KISSI BE WAFA KI KHATIR YE JUNOON FARAZ KAB THAK - JO TUMHE BHULA CHUKA HO USSE TUM BI BHOOL JAHO".

Great Thoughts i agree with you 100%

nice thread blake Smile
Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
I K QAZI

Thanx!!!!!

Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » General Discussions All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2

Copyright © ForumPakistan.com.pk 2020 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer

Close x