Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

ForumPakistan.com

Bookmark site!

Indian Pakistan

Bookmark and Share Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Voting Booths
Indian Pakistan

How can we distance ourselves from India?
Speak Pashto
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Speak Persian
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Speak Arabic
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Speak Urdu
72%
 72%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 47

Sangeeta_Haq
Pak Newbie

Indian Pakistan
Despite two separate countries for over 50 years. Pakistan still resembles much with India. We in Pakistan speak Urdu (very close to Hindi). We in Pakistan watch Indian movies. We in Pakistan dress like Indians (Shalwar Kameez). We in Pakistan carry Indian surnames (Rajput & Chaudhry). We in Pakistan follow caste system of India, and we still play the same Cricket. Are we Indian Pakistanis?

Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:06 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shazia
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Speak urdu, it is our national language. It does not matter it is close to Hindi, I think hindi is close to Urdu.

Pak People
Love Pakistan, Love PTV, Love Lollywood, Love Pakistani dramas, films, radio, music and songs, Love Pakistani Products
Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:07 am View user's profile Send private message
ugwaraich
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Speak Urdu Reply with quote
Sangeeta, it could have been other way round that India much resembles with Pakistan Wink, anyways Urdu is far more different than hindi, although it is similar to hindi in only oral conversation, but most words we use in Urdu are typical and hindi speaking people donít get those words, same goes to some hindi words which we canít understand, also these two languages are cent percent unlike in writing. So Urdu and Hindi are two languages poles apart.
Now it is a shame that Pakistanis watch India movies, there is no question that you can distance yourself from Indians until you give respect to your self and the conscience of people of Pakistan awakes to preserve their own identity. Indian movies are probably the most destructive bomb that has been dropped by India on our country.
Also FYI, shalwar Kameez is not an Indian dress, it is the muslim version of Indian dress. The hindu dress is somewhat Gandhi used to wear and also the (tight) choori daar paijamas with sherwani on top. Only muslims of India used to wear Shalwar Kameez.
I donít think there is any harm to carry names from parts of India, it doesnít make any difference.
But again it is a big stain on Pakistani culture that some uncivilised people still carry forward the caste system, but I am hoping that as education level in Pakistan rises this part of our social life is going to fade away pretty soon.
Cricket is the game introduced by Brits in subcontinent, so playing cricket doesnít make Pakistan and India same, otherwise you could have said that because Australians play the same game so India and Pak are same as Australians.

In Pakistan there are a number of Indian Pakistanis (which we call muhajir) who migrated from Indian part of land to Pakistani, so I suppose they can be called Indian Pakistanis, but people who have their ancestors and forefathers from Paki land they are pure Pakis and they are far in majority than emigrant indian Pakis.

I think the basic thing that differentiates us from Indians is again the Ideology of Pakistan (why Pakistan was formed?) which comes down to the fact of religion. So, religion which is major part of our lives in Pakistan reminds us of these differences, only if we practice it and stop watching those vulgar Indian movies and for that you need to shake up your conscience, waky waky Wink
Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Samira
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

sorry sangeeta if u don't mind then let me remind u that shalwaar qameez is not indian dress its our national dress. cricket is not an indian game but its a game of all those countries who play cricket. The problem is that we all people r getting inspired by their culture ,their dresses , their muzic , their movies and dramaz. it shouldn't happen like that . we should proud in our culture.The main and only big thing which make us more different and more populer from them is that we are MUSLIMS .and we have a rich and noble religion ISLAM.we r not like them we apart from them since 1947.can say neighboures nd friends Wink Proud to b a Muslim nd proud to b a Pakistani. Very Happy

Last edited by Samira on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:39 am View user's profile Send private message
ugwaraich
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Samira wrote:
sorry sangeeta if u don't mind then let me remind u that shalwaar qameez is not indian dress its our national dress. cricket is not an indian game but its a game of all those countries who play cricket.
The problem is that we all people r getting inspired by their culture ,their dresses , their muzic , their movies and dramaz. it shouldn't happen like that . we should proud in our culture.The main and only big thing which make us more different and more populer from them is that we are MUSLIMS .and we have a rich and noble religion ISLAM.we r not like them we apart from them since 1947.Proud to b a Muslim nd proud to b a Pakistani. Very Happy

thumbs up! agreed to every bit of it
Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:48 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Samira
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

thanks Ugwaraich
Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Sangeeta_Haq
Pak Newbie

Samira wrote:
sorry sangeeta if u don't mind then let me remind u that shalwaar qameez is not indian dress its our national dress. cricket is not an indian game but its a game of all those countries who play cricket. The problem is that we all people r getting inspired by their culture ,their dresses , their muzic , their movies and dramaz. it shouldn't happen like that . we should proud in our culture.The main and only big thing which make us more different and more populer from them is that we are MUSLIMS .and we have a rich and noble religion ISLAM.we r not like them we apart from them since 1947.can say neighboures nd friends Wink Proud to b a Muslim nd proud to b a Pakistani. Very Happy

I agree with you "The main and only big thing which make us more different and more populer from them is that we are MUSLIMS", but are we applying Islam in our daily life? Not at all... So, why we separated from India? Probably, it would been better off being part of India.

Thanks,
Sangeeta
Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ugwaraich
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

sangeeta Reply with quote
been a part of india Surprised , are you from india, cuz only muslim indians think this way? cuz I dont think anyone from Pakistan and who knows the factual history about Pakistan wouldnt have any such urges Smile
Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mustang
Pak Newbie

yes Urdu all the way!
Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Sangeeta_Haq
Pak Newbie

Re: sangeeta Reply with quote
ugwaraich wrote:
been a part of india Surprised , are you from india, cuz only muslim indians think this way? cuz I dont think anyone from Pakistan and who knows the factual history about Pakistan wouldnt have any such urges Smile

No, I never been to India, I'm 100% Pakistani and Muslim, but again in Pakistan we don't follow Islam. You can find drugs, alcohol & sex in almost any Pakistani city. We are not honest poeple either. We lie, kill each other, steal more than Indians.

Sangeeta
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:03 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Samira
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

the things u mention sangeeta they r true but u can't say that every single muslim is doing these things. u can't blame everybody for this.after 7/7 in uk some bad incidents happens here wid muslim famlies but now they agree that its not their fault for the deeds of a group they can't blame the whole muslim world.bad people are in britain in america in india everywhere they are not changing their identity so why we call ourselves indian pakistani.its a matter of good sence to understand and accept this fact. hope u 'll get it soon
Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Green Eyes
Senior Member Pakistani
Senior Member Pakistani

We have our unique culture, religion and traditions. We have the best code of life. If we are not following it in true spirits then its our fault. The same question was raised by many Indians when Quaid-e-Azam raised the issue of Pakistan. He clearly elaborated that Muslim and Hindus are entirely two different schools of thoughts. Many of our traditions are inherited just because we have been living together for centuries but that does not mean we are same.
Quaid said

"We are a nation with our own distinctive culture and civilization, language and literature, art and architecture, names and nomenclature, sense of values and proportion, legal laws and moral code, customs and calendar, history and tradition, aptitudes and ambitions; in short, we have our own distinctive outlook on life and of life. By all canons of international law, we are a nation".

It is sad to see our generation being hypnotized by the foreign glory and thus loosing their originality
Rolling Eyes
Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:05 am View user's profile Send private message
Samira
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

well said green eyes
i appreciate that u 've a great knowledge about history of Pakistan
Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Sangeeta_Haq
Pak Newbie

Green Eyes - What culture you are talking about? All our marriage ceremonies are basically hindu traditions. Too much show off & dowry beyond limits - Is this Islam?
Even our names Chaudhry, Butt, Malik, Rajput, Jut you can find them in India too. How about Pakistani dishes... Pure Indians - So, tell me what do we have of our own? Islam??? Do we follow it?

Thanks,
Sangeeta
Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:53 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ugwaraich
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Sangeeta Reply with quote
your approach seem to me pessimistic as according to you there remains no light for Pakistanis and we are leading towards a DEAD END. There is no doubt at all that Pakistan is contaminated by all that corruption, drugs or whatever but at the end of the day it is our home, we cannot simply dump it and declare that we should have been a part of India. I would suggest you to study how Indian muslims are living their lives, although apparently they seem quite contented with india but if you see massacres of Gujrat, Ahmedabad, Kashmir and Calcutta you will know the true meaning of Freedom. On the other hand Indian based muslims do all that stuff that you have mentioned and probably the proportion of drugs and sex is more in Indian muslims than in Pakistan which is of course because of the constitutional protection to do such things.

Dowry and marriage traditions are doubtlessly hindu traditions but it is an inherited setback to Muslim culture, although the curse of these traditions is there but its we ourselves who find pleasures in such traditions, so it us to blame not Pakistan. About dishes I must tell you that Indians/hindus are typically vegitarians, and all our dishes are mostly non-vegitarian, although our dishes come from various parts of India like bihar, hyderabad etc. which is because these areas have dense population of Muslims, but all these dishes are typically Muslim.

Of course there is no question that we should follow Islam but that doesnt mean kay if someone doesnt follow Islam then we should be completely reverted to some other country or religion. Have a little faith and some self respect as a Muslim and do what you believe in yourself forget what others are doing, although it is a good practice to convince others to revert back to their Islamic values. Its just a bad patch that we are going through, everything will be orite inshaALLAH.
Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Power
Pak Newbie

I am from India but live in USA for last 30 years I am intrigued by India-Pakistan issues which led me to the forumpakistan site and you posts. You make interesting arguments about Indian influence in Pakistan. In fact I come from school of thought where someday India and Pakistan will reunite and become one great nation we used to be like East-West Germany did.

Every countries have its greatness and faults if you look at objectively. Therefore I would like you to make few points and request you to think about it objectively.

1) Indian leader like Mahatma-Gandhi treated Jinnah and Pakistanis as their brothers and when India did divide agreed to share equal money then in Indian treasuries which caused the Hindu fundamentalist like Godse to assassinate him.

2) Since Partition every Pakistani leadership has engaged in increasing the hatred among the 2 countries, Face it, if India wanted (before they both went nuclear now it will be disaster for both) it can take over Pakistan in matter of days (remember 1971 war) but Indian government and people respects international laws and sovereignty of Pakistan.

3) Pakistani government has formed alliance with foreigners like China to hurt India. India has never done anything like this.

4) Hindu & Muslim community has lived together for centuries and build a common Asian culture which we are so proud of then why do we hate each other so much?

5) Indian leaders have focused their efforts in raising the living standard of masses of India Pakistani leaders have focused there efforts and large share of country's resources in how to make troubles for India. The vision of Indian government to educate the masses have placed Indian economy in enviable position for even some of advanced countries. Pakistanis and Indian people need to from an alliance and live in a harmony and work for uplift of the people of both countries rather than fighting.

I would still say that an united India - India-Pakistan-Bangladesh together as one nation would make us win against any evil power rather than fighting amongst our selves.
Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:29 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Green Eyes
Senior Member Pakistani
Senior Member Pakistani

Sangeeta_Haq wrote:
Green Eyes - What culture you are talking about? All our marriage ceremonies are basically hindu traditions. Too much show off & dowry beyond limits - Is this Islam?
Even our names Chaudhry, Butt, Malik, Rajput, Jut you can find them in India too. How about Pakistani dishes... Pure Indians - So, tell me what do we have of our own? Islam??? Do we follow it?

Thanks,
Sangeeta

I do accept your point that we have adopted many Indian traditions particularly being practiced in our marriages but thats what I have called due to being together for centuries. Young generation is aware of some of the bad inherited traditions and they are trying to fight against it. Take example of Dowry even educated Indians know its bad and they are trying to fight against it. If our traditions are similar that does not prove we are similar. Every Muslim and Hindu knows we are two different Ideologies. Basic and the most important difference is Religion.

We believe in One God and they have thousands. We believe all the Muslims are equal and they believe in Zaat-Pat. We allow our widows to re-marry and they believe in Satti. They believe that lower casts are low standards human beings but we believe that only Pious (Muttaqi) one is a better person. Their leader is Gandhi and we have Quaid-e-Azam. I can write pages to explain the basic difference between these two nations.

I am not of the point of view that we should not have good relations with India but I can not accept that we are same. Listen sister if we are not following our religion in the true spirit thats our misfortune but still Muslims are entirely different from Hindus. Its true we are not good Muslims. Its true that we are not on the right path. Its true that we are not leading Pakistan for which it was aimed for, but still we can not say that we should not have our separate homeland. There is a big think tank even in Pakistan who thinks that Quaid did a blunder by dividing the sub-continent but there logic is not strong enough to at least convince me.

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:38 am View user's profile Send private message
Green Eyes
Senior Member Pakistani
Senior Member Pakistani

Welcome Power bhai to our forum. We respect your feelings and emotions. I am neither a big scholar nor political scinece being ever my subject but still I will try to explain your points according to the very little knowledge I have

Yous said "I come from school of thought where someday India and Pakistan will reunite and become one great nation we used to be like East-West Germany did."

I know as since the formation of Pakistan it is the biggest desire of every Indian to reunite the sub-continent but I am pretty sure it will remain a dream.
The base of this dream is just that Indians have not accepted Pakistan even after 60 years. Brother its not that just a land was divided which can be re-united later on. These are two entirely different nations and religions. You are talking about being Hindu and Islam a one religion. It wont be acceptable to any Muslim or even any Hindu I am sure. We can live like good neighbors but never like a one country. You are talking about united India and Pakistan, realistically even Bangaldesh and Pakistan which were once a single country with same ideology can not be united again. You are talking about Germans they just had a political difference but they were a single nation with same religion. Just a wall was separating them and trust me they are still not happy even being united.

You said
1) Indian leader like Mahatma-Gandhi treated Jinnah and Pakistanis as their brothers and when India did divide agreed to share equal money then in Indian treasuries which caused the Hindu fundamentalist like Godse to assassinate him.

Brother it is on record Gandhi and all other congress leaders did their level best to stop Jinnah in his aim of gaining Pakistan. I would like to quote here Mrs Sarojni Naidu who was a prominent Congress leader, she said "If there has been one Quaid-e-Azam in Congerss and 100 Gandhi in Muslim League, Pakistan would have never been came to existence."

You said
2) Since Partition every Pakistani leadership has engaged in increasing the hatred among the 2 countries, Face it, if India wanted (before they both went nuclear now it will be disaster for both) it can take over Pakistan in matter of days (remember 1971 war) but Indian government and people respects international laws and sovereignty of Pakistan.

Brother we all know how much respect Indian Govt is showing for International Laws. In 1948 United Nations adopted a resolution of plebiscite in Kashmir and after 59 years we are still waiting India to respect that International resolution.

You are talking about 1971 lets start with 1965 when Indian Comander In Chief promised his army to have their breakfast in Lahore Mess, I dont know which Internatio0nal Law invited them for that breakfast.

In 1971 every body knows what part Mukti Bahni and Indian Army played in then East Pakistan. It was our misfortune we had some bad politicians. Just imagine we had a person like Yahya Khan and you had a great leader like Indra Ghandi. Dont say that during these wars India had any respect for the Sovereigntyof Pakistan. Oh yes after the two nations became nuclear powers India started to give some respect to the existence of Pakistan

Yous said
3) Pakistani government has formed alliance with foreigners like China to hurt India. India has never done anything like this.

Yes brother we had alliance with China we accept it but why you deny that you had a better alliance with then super power Soviet Union who was helping you with all heart n soul.

Yous said
4) Hindu & Muslim community has lived together for centuries and build a common Asian culture which we are so proud of then why do we hate each other so much?

Here I agree with you yes as a good neighbors we can have a great impact in this part of world. But for that Indians should accept Pakistan as an independent country.

You said
5) Indian leaders have focused their efforts in raising the living standard of masses of India Pakistani leaders have focused there efforts and large share of country's resources in how to make troubles for India. The vision of Indian government to educate the masses have placed Indian economy in enviable position for even some of advanced countries. Pakistanis and Indian people need to from an alliance and live in a harmony and work for uplift of the people of both countries rather than fighting.

I would just give few factual figures
Pakistanís defence budget for the year 2006-07 was $4.1 billion (~3% of GDP) in response to Indiaís hike in defence budget of 2006-07 at $20.11 billion (~ 2.5% of GDP).
India has the second largest manpower in its military globally - at 3,773,300 personell (2005), next only to China. Pakistan has a much smaller manpower of 1,449,000 personell.
So you can see we are spending $4.1 billion just because we have to face a budget of $20.11 billion. Does these facts satisfy you? If you want I can even give you more detailed comparison.

Last edited by Green Eyes on Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:54 am View user's profile Send private message
Samira
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

wellcome mr power
there is nothing left for me to explain bcoz green eyes answered your all points
i agreed wid her
Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:21 am View user's profile Send private message
Green Eyes
Senior Member Pakistani
Senior Member Pakistani

Samira wrote:
wellcome mr power
there is nothing left for me to explain bcoz green eyes answered your all points
i agreed wid her

Thx Sami but it is him not her Laughing
Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:01 am View user's profile Send private message
Samira
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhh sorry
big mistake
accept my apologies
Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:24 am View user's profile Send private message
Green Eyes
Senior Member Pakistani
Senior Member Pakistani

Samira wrote:
ohhhhhhhhhhhh sorry
big mistake
accept my apologies

No worries, no need to apologize. Nicks here do not tell the sex. No mistake

Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:27 am View user's profile Send private message
EnCounter
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Re: Indian Pakistan Reply with quote
Sangeeta_Haq wrote:
Despite two separate countries for over 50 years. Pakistan still resembles much with India. We in Pakistan speak Urdu (very close to Hindi). We in Pakistan watch Indian movies. We in Pakistan dress like Indians (Shalwar Kameez). We in Pakistan carry Indian surnames (Rajput & Chaudhry). We in Pakistan follow caste system of India, and we still play the same Cricket. Are we Indian Pakistanis?

Please, DO NOT mixup Urdu & hindi Shocked Urdu is a language wich is much better than hindi.

Kehte hein key hum azzad hein, Lekin gozarte hein shab-o-roz unki addaon pey
Dekha tha eik khawab joh banna haqeeqat, phir yeh kam zari kessi aur kyon

Kehte hein key hum azad hein, Lekin gozarte hein shab-o-roz unki addaon pey
Jo nahi sikhte apni pehchan. woh rehte hein issi taran poshidda maysion aur kamzarfi mein!

Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ugwaraich
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Power Reply with quote
Power comes with another bone of contention, probably because you have not gone through the major threads leading the same topic about Pakistan and India. I wonder what made you say that Indian Government and people respect International laws and sovereignty of Pakistan, this is probably joke of the year. United Nations resolutions have been an open book to the people of this planet, could you tell me a single event when India initiated the process of plebiscite in Kashmir?. You should stick to our previous posts on the topic of Pak and India and would agree to me that we are fascinated by the way Indians come up with their barefaced lies.
Again you sound like a laughing stock, either you donít know the facts or probably they donít teach history in India and America, but they do in Pakistan; or you are acting like a two faced typical Indian, because thatís in their nature. Pakistan have had good relations with China, what if I should remind you that the resolution of Plebiscite in Kashmir was vetoed by Russia a number of times in UN Security Council, should we not say on this side of our border that India made an alliance with Russia to sting Pak on the back and use Russia's veto power?, because atleast thatís what we saw in Russian Afghan war and even now when Indian agencies are indulged in destabilising Balochistan. Also India is making fair use of so called ďwar on terrorismĒ to gain American, Australian and Japanese help and the open show goes in the Indian ocean where the Navies of these four countries are exercising. India also had strong alliance with Israel and everyone knows the reason why. Anyway, a complete book can be written on this point.
Of course Hindu Muslims have been living together for centuries but you should know that for that peaceful era only Muslim Kings have been ruling over these two communities, it is Islam which gives protection to other religions but sadly we have seen what Hindus have done in past times to Muslims. It is the tolerance that Islam teaches gave those emperors and kings of subcontinent the wisdom to get hold of the state in peace.
I should rather say that culprit roots down to India as they are occupying a state which they are not legally entitled, peace can only dawn upon us as soon as Indian forces leave Kashmir. Because it is their legal right to rule over that land not India.
I strongly disagree to the idea of Pak-Indo Union, which comes from a fairyland tale. I believe Indians are quite used to dreams probably because thatís what bollywood publicises. As a matter of fact it is practically not possible that these two nations live together in peace in the presence of Kashmir dispute and until both sides are completely secular, which I am sure is not an option for Pakistanis.
Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Power
Pak Newbie

Green Eyes wrote:
Welcome Power bhai to our forum. We respect your feelings and emotions. I am neither a big scholar nor political scinece being ever my subject but still I will try to explain your points according to the very little knowledge I have

Yous said "I come from school of thought where someday India and Pakistan will reunite and become one great nation we used to be like East-West Germany did."

I know as since the formation of Pakistan it is the biggest desire of every Indian to reunite the sub-continent but I am pretty sure it will remain a dream.

Quote:
Are you saying it is not desire of every Pakistani? The beauty is in diversity of our 2 cultures that is why India chose to be secular.

The base of this dream is just that Indians have not accepted Pakistan even after 60 years. Brother its not that just a land was divided which can be re-united later on. These are two entirely different nations and religions. You are talking about being Hindu and Islam a one religion. It wont be acceptable to any Muslim or even any Hindu I am sure. We can live like good neighbors but never like a one country. You are talking about united India and Pakistan, realistically even Bangaldesh and Pakistan which were once a single country with same ideology can not be united again. You are talking about Germans they just had a political difference but they were a single nation with same religion. Just a wall was separating them and trust me they are still not happy even being united.

You said

Brother it is on record Gandhi and all other congress leaders did their level best to stop Jinnah in his aim of gaining Pakistan. I would like to quote here Mrs Sarojni Naidu who was a prominent Congress leader, she said "If there has been one Quaid-e-Azam in Congerss and 100 Gandhi in Muslim League, Pakistan would have never been came to existence."

Quote:
That implies stuburness of Jinnah and what did we get for that ? 50 years of fighting? After all All the people in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh are going to live in the same area anyway why can't we live in harmony and we do that we can challange any power in Asia China or Russia or even in the world. Can you imagine the influence it will give to people of India-Pakistan?

You said

Brother we all know how much respect Indian Govt is showing for International Laws. In 1948 United Nations adopted a resolution of plebiscite in Kashmir and after 59 years we are still waiting India to respect that International resolution.

Quote:
Kashmir was separate independent state from British India and decision of King of Kashmir to join Indian union had nothing to do with basis of Parition of India which was based on areas with muslim majority to become Pakistan and Hindu majority to become India. UN or any other government has no business to pass any resolution of plebiscite or other wise.

You are talking about 1971 lets start with 1965 when Indian Comander In Chief promised his army to have their breakfast in Lahore Mess, I dont know which Internatio0nal Law invited them for that breakfast.

In 1971 every body knows what part Mukti Bahni and Indian Army played in then East Pakistan. It was our misfortune we had some bad politicians. Just imagine we had a person like Yahya Khan and you had a great leader like Indra Ghandi. Dont say that during these wars India had any respect for the Sovereigntyof Pakistan. Oh yes after the two nations became nuclear powers India started to give some respect to the existence of Pakistan

Yous said

Yes brother we had alliance with China we accept it but why you deny that you had a better alliance with then super power Soviet Union who was helping you with all heart n soul.

Quote:
India had to do that for balance of Power so China does not play any mischief.

Yous said

Here I agree with you yes as a good neighbors we can have a great impact in this part of world. But for that Indians should accept Pakistan as an independent country.

You said

I would just give few factual figures
Pakistanís defence budget for the year 2006-07 was $4.1 billion (~3% of GDP) in response to Indiaís hike in defence budget of 2006-07 at $20.11 billion (~ 2.5% of GDP).
India has the second largest manpower in its military globally - at 3,773,300 personell (2005), next only to China. Pakistan has a much smaller manpower of 1,449,000 personell.
So you can see we are spending $4.1 billion just because we have to face a budget of $20.11 billion. Does these facts satisfy you? If you want I can even give you more detailed comparison.
Quote:

India has no choice but to maintain large army because they have to worry about even bigger army of China in addition to their cousins Pakistan army. It is large country so it needs to spend more money on defence when it is surrounded by enemies.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Voting Booths All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2

Copyright © ForumPakistan.com.pk 2017 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer