Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

ForumPakistan.com

Bookmark site!

best stories ever.....

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Stories & Quotes
best stories ever.....
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

best stories ever.....
now there are some more stories, enjoy.... Smile

Iram, and her brother, Ahmed, were excited about the upcoming days. It was Ramadan, a time to learn appreciation for the things they had, and to think of others who didn't have as much.

They had both been saving their money all year long. Iram, who was seven years old, sat on her bed and dumped out her money Jar. Coins ran all over the blanket. "This is a lot of money. Momma says we are supposed to help someone. She wants us to think about how much we have and then think of someone who doesn't have very much, and do something nice for them," Iram said, gathering the money into a pile. "Dump out your Jar, Ahmed," she told her brother.

The coins came spilling out of his Jar onto the bed. "Wow! We can do a lot for someone with all this money," Ahmed said, smiling. "This is such a special time of year. I'm glad we can help others."

"But we have to do it secretly, Ahmed, remember. We have to pick someone and do something very nice without them knowing it is from us. Who should we pick?" Iram asked.

"Let's pick our neighbors, Rashid, and Fatima. I noticed that they had holes in their shoes," Ahmed said.

"That's a good idea. We could buy some new shoes for them. They aren't as blessed as we are. We have a lot of shoes, don't we?" Iram asked with appreciation.

"I have three pair. You have more. Let's buy some new shoes for them this Ramadan," Ahmed said, smiling.

Iram and Ahmed found their momma. She was busy washing some dates. She saw her children come into the kitchen. "I'm going to make some baklawa for tonight," she said, knowing her family loved to eat that during Ramadan.

"Pappa is at the mosque, in prayer. When he comes home, after the sun sets, we'll have some. In the meantime, you two look like you've got something on your minds."

"We want to help the poor. Ahmed and I have been saving our money all year long and we want to help Rashid and Fatima, our neighbors," Iram began.

Ahmed, with excitement, interrupted, "We want to buy them some shoes."

Momma smiled at her beautiful children. She was so proud of them.

"Aren't you hungry, Momma?" Ahmed asked. He knew she had not had anything to eat or drink since dawn that morning due to Ramadan fasting.

"I'm a little bit, but that is good for me. Don't worry about me. When you're older, you will understand more and be able to fast too," she explained. "Would you like me to take you to the store to buy the shoes?" she asked.

"Would you, Momma? Is that all right?" Iram begged.

"Why of course. Let's go," she said.

They walked to the shoe store and went inside. Iram picked out a pair of shoes for Fatima. Ahmed picked out a pair for Rashid. They were both so proud that they'd saved their money so they could do this to help. Later, they went home and wrapped the shoe boxes in plain brown paper. They waited anxiously for night to come. It would be dark and they could deliver their gifts.

The sun began to drop behind the horizon. A little while later, Pappa came home. He and Momma had some lentil soup, then tomato and cucumber sandwiches. Momma called to her children, "Iram. Ahmed. Come and have some baklawa, and some fresh dates." The children came running into the kitchen. Momma cut them a big piece.

They gobbled it down quickly as they were anxious to do their good deed. "Slow down, children," Pappa urged, laughing.

It was soon dark outside. Momma had the children go and get the boxes they'd wrapped so carefully. They put their coats on and walked quietly over to Rashid and Fatima's house. Momma whispered, "All right, children. We must be very quiet and very fast. Ahmed, you knock on the door and then run over here, to this bush, where Iram and I will be hiding. We'll watch as they come and find their gifts."

Iram and Ahmed giggled with delight. Iram and Momma hid, and Ahmed tiptoed up to the door. He put both of the boxes down on the porch, and knocked hard. Then he ran, and ran, and ran, as fast as he could, to where Iram and Momma were. "Shhh," Momma whispered. "Someone opened the door."

They watched as Rashid and Fatima came out onto the porch. "Look! There are presents for us. Someone left them here," Rashid cried out with excitement. He and Fatima looked around. It was very dark and they couldn't see anyone. They picked up the boxes and took them inside.

After a minute or two, waiting to make sure they wouldn't be seen, Momma, Ahmed, and Iram, snuck quietly back to their house. Ahmed started laughing. "Pappa! Pappa! We did it! We snuck up and left the presents!"

Iram added, "They didn't see us, Pappa. They don't know it was us." She was laughing too.

Momma and Pappa stood back and looked at their children. They were so proud of them. They knew their children knew the real meaning of giving and of sacrifice. The next morning, as Momma, Pappa, Iram, and Ahmed went to their car to drive into town, they saw Rashid and Fatima outside playing. They were both wearing their brand new shoes. Nobody said a thing. Iram and Ahmed just smiled, because it is one of the best Ramadan for them.

�people survive wars. People Survive disasters. People survive pain. People survive sadness. People survive hurt. People survive People. so why wouldn't I, one of the people, survive this? i will InshaAllah"
Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to say it. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly. She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why? I avoided her question. This made her angry. She shouted at me, "you are not a man!"

That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; I had lost my heart to a lovely girl called Dew. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, 30% shares of my company and the car. She glanced at it and then tore it to pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said, for I loved Dew so dearly.

Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me, her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn't have supper but went straight to sleep and fell fast asleep because I was tired after an eventful day with Dew. When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just didn't care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn't want anything from me, but needed a month's notice before the divorce. She requested that in that one month, we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month's time and she didn't want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day. She requested that everyday for the month's duration I carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going crazy.

Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request. I told Dew about my wife's divorce conditions. She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. No matter what tricks she has, she has to face the divorce, she said scornfully. My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mummy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms. She closed her eyes and said softly; don't tell our son about the divorce. I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest... I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn't looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to me. On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Dew about this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily. Suddenly it hit me; she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart.

Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head. Our son came in at the moment and said, Dad, it's time to carry mum out. To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My wife gestured to our son to come close and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly; it was just like our wedding day.

But her much lighter weight made me sad. On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said, I hadn't noticed that our life lacked intimacy. I drove to office... jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind... I walked upstairs. Dew opened the door and I said to her, Sorry, Dew, I do not want the divorce anymore.

She looked at me, astonished, then touched my forehead. Do you have a fever? She said. I moved her hand off my head. Sorry, Dew, I said, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn't value the details of our lives, not because we didn't love each other any more. Now I realized that since I carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until one of us departs this world.

Dew seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away. At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife. The sales girl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote: I will carry you out every morning until we are old.

The small details of our lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, the property, the bank balance that matters. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves. So find time to be your spouse's friend and do those little things for each other that build a relationship.

�people survive wars. People Survive disasters. People survive pain. People survive sadness. People survive hurt. People survive People. so why wouldn't I, one of the people, survive this? i will InshaAllah"
Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

A man and his fiance were married. It was a large celebration. All of their friends and family came to see the lovely ceremony and to partake of the festivities and celebrations. A wonderful time was had by all.

The bride was gorgeous in her white wedding gown and the groom was very dashing in his black tuxedo. Everyone could tell that the love they had for each other was true.

A few months later, the wife comes to the husband with a proposal: "I read in a magazine, a while ago, about how we can strengthen our marriage." She offered.

"Each of us will write a list of the things that we find a bit annoying with the other person. Then, we can talk about how we can fix them together and make our lives happier together."

The husband agreed. So each of them went to a separate room in the house and thought of the things that annoyed them about the other. They thought about this question for the rest of the day and wrote down what they came up with.

The next morning, at the breakfast table, they decided that they would go over their lists.

"I'll start," offered the wife. She took out her list. It had many items on it. Enough to fill 3 pages, in fact. As she started reading the list of the little annoyances, she noticed that tears were starting to appear in her husbands eyes.

"What's wrong?" she asked. "Nothing" the husband replied, "keep reading your list."

The wife continued to read until she had read all three pages to her husband. She neatly placed her list on the table and folded her hands over top of it.

"Now, you read your list and then we'll talk about the things on both of our lists." She said happily.

Quietly the husband stated, "I don't have anything on my list. I think that you are perfect the way that you are. I don't want you to change anything for me. You are lovely and wonderful and I wouldn't want to try and change anything about you."

The wife, touched by his honesty and the depth of his love for her and his acceptance of her, turned her head and wept.

IN LIFE, there are enough times when we are disappointed, depressed and annoyed. We don't really have to go looking for them.

We have a wonderful world that is full of beauty, light and promise.

Why waste time in this world looking for the bad, disappointing or annoying things when we can look around us, and see the wondrous things before us?

I believe that WE ARE HAPPIEST when we see and praise the good and try our best to forego the mistakes of our spouse. Nobody's perfect but we can find perfection in them to change the way we see them. It is necessary to understand the difficulties and be a helping hand to each other....THAT BRIGHTENS THE RELATIONSHIP.

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They shared everything. They talked about everything. They kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoebox in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he never thought about the shoebox, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover. In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoebox and took it to his wife's bedside. She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the shoebox.

When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $25,000. He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, "my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue. She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll."

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the shoebox. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness "Honey," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?" "Oh," the little old woman said, "That's the money I made from selling the dolls."

hehehehe, that a nice story but funny too.... Very Happy

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

A little girl went to her bedroom and pulled a 'Glass Jelly Jar' from its hiding place in the closet.

Little girl poured the change out on the floor and counted it carefully. Three times, even. The total had to be exactly perfect. No chance here for mistakes.

Carefully placing the coins back in the jar and twisting on the cap, she slipped out the back door and made her way to 6 blocks to Rashid's Drug Store with the big Red Indian Chief sign above the door. Little girl waited patiently for the Pharmacist to give her some attention but he was too busy at this moment. Little girl (Tasneem) twisted her feet to make a scuffing noise; Nothing. She cleared her throat with the most disgusting sound she could muster; No good. Finally she took a coin from her Jar and banged it on the glass counter. That did it!

"And what do you want?" the Pharmacist asked in an annoyed tone of voice. "I'm talking to my brother from Lahore whom I haven't seen in ages," he said without waiting for a reply to his question.

"Well, I want to buy an mmm..."

The Pharmacist stared back in the same annoyed tone.

"He's really; really sick.... and I want to buy a miracle."

"I beg your pardon?" said the Pharmacist.

"My brother name is Aslam and he has something bad growing inside his head and my Daddy says only a miracle can save my brother now. So how much does a miracle cost?"

"We don't sell miracles here, little girl. I'm sorry but I can't help you," the Pharmacist said, softening a little.

"Listen, I have the money to pay for miracle. If it isn't enough, I will get the rest. Just tell me how much it costs?"

The Pharmacist's brother was a well dressed man from Lahore. He stooped down and asked the little girl, "What kind of a miracle does your brother need?"

"I don't know," Tasneem replied with her eyes welling up. "I just know he's really sick and Mommy says he needs an operation. But my Daddy can't pay for it, so I want to use my money."

"How much do you have?" asked the man from Lahore.

"Ten and half rupees. And it's all the money I have, but I can get some more if I need to."

"Well, what a coincidence," smiled the man. "Ten and half rupees - the exact price of a miracle for your little brother."

He took her money in one hand and with the other hand he grasped her hand and said: "Take me to where you live. I want to see your brother and meet your parents. Let's see if I have the miracle you need."

That well dressed man from Lahore was Dr. Ashraf Beg, a surgeon specializing in Neuro-Surgery. The operation was completed free of charge and it wasn't long until Aslam was home again and doing well.

Mom and Dad were happily talking about the chain of events that had led them to this place.

"That Surgery," her Mom whispered. "Was a real miracle. I wonder how much it would have cost?"

Tasneem smiled. She knew exactly how much a miracle cost ... Ten and half rupees ...plus the faith of a little girl.

Noble Qur'an says: "And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me." (26:80)

And mom also knew exactly how much a miracle cost ... selfless devotion to their profession by doctors like Ashraf Beg ...

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
nainhsn
Pak Newbie

hmm gud one
Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:12 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

thank u....

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

well, Rolling Eyes

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rose
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Pleasant, Agradable, Merci, Gracias, Grazie. Smile
Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
saravana
Pak Newbie

very nice to see such site and it is useful for me
Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Rose wrote:
Pleasant, Agradable, Merci, Gracias, Grazie. Smile

Laughing

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

saravana wrote:
very nice to see such site and it is useful for me

welcome to this site.... and i'm glad u are enjoying this site... Very Happy

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
ali_akash4
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

humm very long but informative Smile
Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Stories & Quotes All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2

Copyright © ForumPakistan.com.pk 2017 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer